Saturday, August 13, 2005

Jimmy - Street Portrait


Jimmy, street portrait, originally uploaded by btezra.

It took me a while but I finally introduced myself to Jimmy.

I have walked past dropped whatever change and a few dollars here and there in Jimmy's cup almost every Saturday for the last few years. Oddly enough I never introduced myself, yet alone asked to photograph him.

I finally introduced myself.
And so did Jimmy.

I told him to "give me his best smile and I'll pull the trigger".
He just winced and said, "Guy like me ain't got no smile when he's sitting on the ground begging for change".

I begged to differ...he is a fine man. A proud man.
A man filled with hope. The poetry flowed from his expression and his smile.
I hope that shows in his portrait.

Photo by Bteezra - USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi