Saturday, February 24, 2007

Worker

He is sitting under a porch. He's not begging. He's got no cup for the money. To give him something, you have to see him, to approach and to give him personnaly. He's small and thin. He looks very fragile. And a little bit shy.
He immediately tells me that he don't drink at all. But that he's smoking too much. "That's my sin !".
He was a worker in the book industry, then, for some reasons, he loose his jobs. His hands show all his life. Yesterday working. Today waiting.
We took a lot of picture. And after seeing at them on the screen of my camera, he made me promise that I will give one to him next week.
He said to me that he had no picture of him.
Before leaving, we shook hands. And, perhaps do you know that feeling, touching old hands are always a great moment.
(This picture is dedicated to Miss .N - hope you will love it)

Photo by Rodolphe Simeon, Paris – FRANCE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Incredible picture

Take Care
Michael

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi