Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Farmer


The Farmer, originally uploaded by joaobambu.

7:26pm, my friend Akio waits for the tractor to arrive patiently. He is the descendent of Japanese farmers who came to the state of São Paulo for a better life in the beginning of the century. They prospered and now they are Brazilians as well.

This is the first week his tomato plants are in the ground.

Taken with a 58mm pitch:0.75 HOYA CIR-polarizing filter I recently bought on a Canon Powershot Pro 1.

This photo happened by chance.

I was cruising around Echaporã late afternoon on my new motorbike...

I saw him in the city in his pickup truck and asked him where he was going.

".. To the new field, where we are planting tomatoes..."

I was on my new motorbike and sensed an opportunity. The weather was perfect and I captured some amazing shots afterwords of a rainbow, lightning, and the serenity and peacefulness of living in the countryside.

Photo by João Paglione, Echaporã - BRAZIL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi