Saturday, December 17, 2005

People from forgotten land


People from forgotten land, originally uploaded by HORIZON.

She is 75, her origin is from Northern Khorasan Kurdish tribes.
In fact I had planned to take some shots from the Tabaran area, but before any shooting I visited her.
She was very warm and lovely, when shooting at her she asked me why I'm
doing that.
I replied to her that "Tell me how can I find so cute old woman such as you to take their pictures?"
She asked me what I'm going to do with them.
I told her I will put them in my sitting room.
She surprisingly looked at me shooting, she was talking to herself, surely counting me as one of those foolish crazy tourists that look at her as a NICE subject to
shoot.

Now at this age and with serious physical disabilities she is one of the countless DEEPLY FORSAKEN people which has to ask the others for some money.
Nobody cares here, nobody supports them, nobody knows they exist, it seems they are completly deleted from the memories.
They are potentially one of the richest people in the world..........but

THEY ARE PEOPLE FROM THE FORGOTTEN LAND

NOTE: she didn't agree to change her place, this is why we have the chain in foreground which I dislike.

Photo by HORIZON, Iran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi