Thursday, October 13, 2005

Brazilian Children's Day


brazilian children's day, originally uploaded by Tatiana Cardeal.

Yesterday was Children's Day in Brazil.
Gregory, from CARF, honored me with an invite to go to the favela (slum) called the Morro do Macaco (Monkey's Mount, behind the boy on the photo), with him and his Humminbird leaders.
Inside this favela there is an old orphanage, large, but declining and poor, supported by its own founder and some brave women from the community,
mostly of them are cooks.
The Humminbird project was opening his wings there, to share love, hope,
knowledge, creating new possibilities for those children.
I hope he will always count on me for that, making a difference for these looks and our future.
Thanks, my friend.

Photo by Tatiana Cardeal, São Paulo - BRAZIL.

Moderators Note:
Thank you my friend, dear Tati!
This was the image I dreamt of having on this Blog in commemoration of Brazilian Children's Day. I couldn't find a suitable one before suddenly just now, late at night, this magnificent image arrives in our photostream. I look forward to seeing the rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi